Most suicides can be prevented. You can help. Please make the STOP Suicide Pledge.
STOP Suicide is an award-winning suicide prevention campaign that seeks to empower communities and individuals across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to help stop suicides by being alert to the warning signs, asking directly about suicide and helping those who are feeling suicidal to stay safe.
This campaign started life as an NHS England-funded pilot and is now continuing via other funding streams. It is led by the charities Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire Mind (CPSL Mind) and Lifecraft, supported by local NHS and Public Health teams.
It involves general awareness raising about suicide, specialist training for non-mental health professionals working / volunteering within our communities and a public campaign to encourage sign up to the STOP Suicide Pledge for organisations and individuals.
Suicide is everybody’s business. Please work with us to make Cambridgeshire and Peterborough a suicide-safer community.
Find out how YOU can make an impact in suicide prevention:
Not everyone who thinks about suicide will tell someone and there are some people who give no indication at all of their intention. However, there are warning signs that we can all look out for. These include, if a person is:
- Talking or writing about death, dying or suicide.
- Actively looking for ways to kill themselves.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Suddenly very much ‘recovered’ after a period of depression.
- Visiting or calling people unexpectedly to say goodbye either directly or indirectly.
- Making arrangements; setting their affairs in order.
- Giving things away, such as prized possession
Local STOP Suicide Partnership Wins National Award
Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire (CPSL) Mind and gaming company Jagex have won the Corporate Community Local Involvement…Read More